Population of focus:
- Children birth through age 8 & family members at risk of disrupted relationships due to:
- foster care placement or risk of placement
- prenatal exposure to alcohol / other substances
- at risk of expulsion or exclusion from an early learning and care setting &/or
- presence of other environmental stressors (i.e. domestic violence, poverty, caregiver mental illness)
- Living in Sarasota County
- In need of multi-agency interventions from at least 2 community services
||Service System Profile
Long standing early childhood professional expertise
Many partnerships already established
Interested educational institutions
Established family networks
Many active community partnerships
Interested in mobilizing financial assets & social capital
Existing, strong faith-based community
Gaps in service continuum (e.g. screening, referral, crisis stabilization, respite)
Shortage of services/trained providers to address unmet needs of diverse community
High rates of turnover in child care & case management
Decreased funding for schools & child care
Changes in Medicaid policies & funding
Geographic / county distinctions & access issues
High mobility within & outside of county
Linkage / Connection: Networks of people, services, and systems will be connected through relationships, structures, policies and processes.
Service expansion / Enhancement: The range of services and supports available in the community will be expanded, and existing services and supports will be continually improved.
Training / Education: Education and training will be provided to develop awareness and skills to facilitate Early Childhood Mental Health throughout the community.
Feedback / Evaluation: Ongoing sharing and coordination of information throughout the System of Care.
For the full presentation click here.