School Psychology Program -
New Student Guide
- The Marshall Center http://msc.usf.edu/ is the student union on USF’s Tampa campus. It was recently reconstructed, opening its doors to the public on August 20, 2008.
- The Marshall Center features the offices of campus organizations, including the offices for Student Government, located on the fourth floor, and the Office of Student Organizations on the third floor.
- The Marshall Center features many food options, retail stores, computer services, legal assistance and notary, Bulls Pharmacy, USF card services, as well as a ticket master.
- There are also two study lounges conveniently located next to a coffee shop.
- The Marshall Center provides many options to grab a meal or snack in between classes. There are vendors like Moe’s Southwest Grill, Einstein Brothers Bagels, Sbarro, Chik-fil-a, Ben and Jerry’s, On Top of the Palms, Beef o’ Brady’s, Miso noodle, rice & sushi bar, as well as a deli featuring sandwiches and salads.
- The Marshall Center has an ATM machine
- The food vendors in the Marshall Center do accept credit cards.
- The Argos Center features the Fresh Food Company and in the business building, there’s a deli and a coffee shop.
- The Starbucks is located just a short walk away from the education building, in the Tampa Library. There is also a Subway and a Burger King located near the Education building.
- There are a number of places to get food off campus within a mile drive. Just to give you a general idea: Panera Bread, Pita Pit, Jimmy John’s, Evo’s, Jason’s Deli, Tokyo Sushi, Friday’s. For more specifics, go to the "Things to do when you move here" link, click on "Recommended Restaurants," then click on "Near School."
- For more information about food options on campus, click this link: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSS/UnivSouthFlorida
Back to Top of Page
- From 275: Exit Fowler Ave. Go East on Fowler. You will pass a Holiday Inn on your right after about 4 or 5 lights. You will pass the 30th street intersection (light). You will go through 2 more lights (pass Spectrum Blvd and Leroy Collins Blvd). At the 3rd light, turn LEFT onto Bull Run. You can park in the lot on your left (the Sun Dome lot). You need either a USF permit or a visitors permit to park here.
- From Rt. 75: Exit Fletcher Ave. Go West on Fletcher. You will go through about 2 lights. Turn left onto 50th St. (at a light). Go to the next light. Turn right onto Fowler Ave. Turn right at the next light, Bull Run. You can park in the lot on your left (the Sun Dome lot). You need either a USF permit or a visitors permit to park here.
- Walking to the education building from the parking lots: youre going to want to walk west. You are going to cross a cross walk. You will be walking towards the College of Arts and Sciences Building. The blue star on the map is the recreation parking lot and the red star on the map is the sun dome lot. The yellow star on the EDU building is the entrance that you want. (Just for a reference, CPR is the Arts and Sciences Building)
to Top of Page
YOU WILL NEED A COMPUTER.
You can use the university computer lab located in the library, Education Building, or Marshall Center (student union), but it is much more advantageous to have your own.
- You will want to invest in a reliable laptop, either PC or Mac.
- In the computer lab in the basement of the Marshall Center, each student is allowed to print 30 free pages per day. There is also a scanner available for student use. You will definitely want to have Powerpoint and (Microsoft) Word or some other word processing program on your computer.
- Free Services at the USF Student Government Computer Lab
- Printing (40 B&W, 14 of which can be color) Note: All prints from the color printer is considered a color print (even though it may be black toner).
- Computer Training Classes
- Laminating service (Maximum size 8.5 x 11)
- CD Burning Stations
- DVD Burning Stations
- Scanning Stations
- Digital Video Editing
- Binding Services
- You can get free web-based e-mail through USF. You will learn how to access this account during orientation.
- For computer use at home, if you are not interested in having a dial up connection, you can get internet access through Bright House Networks or Verizon.
- Bright House Networks is a local cable company. They do offer a USF student discount, but you need your USF ID in order to get the discount. You can get your ID anytime you want this summer by going to the Marshall Center. For more information about USF computing services, click here: http://www.acomp.usf.edu/
to Top of Page
to Top of Page