Phone: (813) 974-1804
Requirements for Graduation
- To be certified by the College of Education for graduation, a student must
have earned a minimum of 120 semester hours credit and successful completion of
all program requirements for ESOL endorsement..
- A minimum overall USF grade-point average of 2.5 or a minimum GPA of 2.5
in teaching specialization courses and a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the
Professional Education sequence is required.
- The Physical Education, Elementary and Early Childhood programs require a
combined grade point average of 2.5 in professional education and
specialization as well as an overall USF GPA of 2.5.
- Satisfactory completion of the internship is also required.
- In order to graduate the student must pass both the Subject Area (SAE) for
the appropriate area and the Professional Education (PEd) sections of the
Florida State Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) and pass the General
Knowledge Test, prior to the completion of internship.
- A student must also have completed the major requirements in a
state-approved teacher education program (which includes general preparation,
teaching specialization, and professional preparation).
- A minimum of 8 credits in professional courses in addition to internship
and 12 credits in specialization courses must have been earned at USF.
- The student must complete a minimum of 30 hours after admittance to an
upper-level program and must meet all University requirements.
- Normally, the college will recommend the granting of a Bachelor of Science
(BS) degree which includes a minimum of 6 credit hours of exit courses.
- To obtain a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree, the student must meet the
Foreign Language Competency (see graduation requirements in front of catalog)
and complete 9 hours of exit courses, 3 of which must be in Literature and
Writing and 3 of which must be offered outside the College of Education.