COEDU Student Academic Services (SAS)
Statement of Students' Rights and Responsibilities
- You have the right to considerate and respectful attention with appreciation for individual dignity, protection of privacy and appropriate confidentiality of information.
- You have the right to a prompt and reasonable response to questions.
- You have the right to know what student support services are available in the college and university.
- You have the right to know what rules and regulations apply to your conduct as an education major at USF.
- You have the right to know the identity and professional status of individuals providing educational services.
- You have the right to obtain from your academic advisor accurate and current information concerning your educational status in terms you can reasonably understand.
- You have the right to be informed about the grievance protocols in the College of Education.
- You are responsible for upholding the ethical standards of the University of South Florida and following the rules and regulations regarding student conduct as published in the university documents, catalogs and handbooks.
- You are responsible for reading and understanding the information published in the USF and College of Education handbooks and catalogs.
- You are responsible for treating your peers, support staff and faculty with courtesy and respect.
- You are responsible for meeting all deadlines.
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information and to report unexpected changes in your status or intentions regarding your planned program.
- You are responsible for seeing that all needed documents and transcripts are received by the Registrar's Office.
- You are responsible for making it known if a course of action, or what is expected is not understood.
- You are responsible for your actions if you do not follow your recommended program of studies.