Instructor ñ Ms. M. Ruggieri
Class Room ñ Room 205
Course Description: The 7th grade Geography course reinforces the skills introduced in 6th grade Geography and applies them to the study of Europe and the Americas.İ Students will refine their mental map of the world and become more adept at construction, analysis and interpretation of maps.İ The ìFive Themesî continue to provide the framework for regional studies, and students should be further challenged to use research and critical thinking skills.İ Students work frequently with atlases, graphs and tables of demographic data and periodicals featuring current global events.İ Student research and interpretation of information should lead to conclusions and presentations.İ This may involve multi-step projects, self-assessment, and oral presentations with graphic and technological support.İ It may also involve other disciplines via thematic units of study devised by the interdisciplinary team of teachers to which a student is assigned.
Grading Policy:İİİİİİİİİİİİİ 90 ñ 100İİİİİİİİİİ A
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 80 ñ 89İİİİİİİİİİİİ B
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 70 ñ 79 İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ C
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 60 ñ 69İİİİİİİİİİİİ D
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 59 and lowerİİİİ F
Students will be graded on the following:
1. Class work and Participation
4. Special Projects
5. Chapter Tests
The length and type of project will determine the value of each.
Grade will be lowered for assignments not done properly or handed in late.
MAKE-UP WORK NOT COMPLETED WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF F.
Daily materials used/required:
2. Geography notebook (Spiral 8 1/2 x 11 with a minimum of 120 pages)
3. Paper, pens and/or pencils, gluesticks, markers/highlighters
1. CAREFULLY read all the directions for an assignment.İ Read the directions a second time.İ FOLLOW the directions as instructed.
2. Do not waste time when working on assignments.İ Stay on task.
3. Define all terms in your notebook.
4. All assignments made are to be written in your notebook unless instructed otherwise.
5. Quizzes and tests will be announced in advance.İ Do not wait until the last night before a test to study.
6. Ask questions in class to clarify information you do not understand.
7. Seek extra help immediately if needed.İ Do not let several days pass without understanding the material.İ SEE YOUR TEACHER.
1. Be on time for class.
2. Be in class and seated when the bell rings ready to start work.
3. Follow directions when they are given.
4. Bring books, notebooks, pens/pencils, binders, worksheets, etc. to class.
5. Hand in all assignments on time.
6. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
7. Show respect for each other.
8. No food, drink, gum, hard candy in class.
9. Do not do anything detrimental to the school, the class or yourself.
HOMEWORK/CLASS WORK POLICY
1. Homework/class work will be graded or non-graded at the discretion of the teacher.
2. Homework/class work will be checked and the teacher will review the homework with the class.
3. All homework (complete or incomplete) will be collected at the beginning of class.İ Homework papers handed in at the end of the period will be considered late.
4. Homework and class work will be a determining factor when a studentís grade average borders between two grades.İ Homework and class work assignments that are complete and handed in on time will result in the student receiving the higher grade if the grade average is on the borderline.
5. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student.İ The responsibility of the teacher is to provide the make-up work.İ Missed assignments are posted on a weekly basis.
a. Make-up work is a privilege granted to students with an excused absence.
b. A note from the parent or guardian is required to verify the excused absence.
c. Make-up assignments must be completed one week after the student returns from being absent.
1. Test/quizzes, etc., will me made up by arrangement with Ms. Ruggieri
2. All work not completed according to the outlined schedule will be recorded as F and will be averaged into the final grade.
COMMUNICATE WITH MS. RUGGIERI !!!
Please sign below to acknowledge your review of this information packet.
Student Name:_____________________________________________İİ Date:______________
Parent Name:______________________________________________İİ Date:______________