In the News
Dr. Danielle Dennis was selected to co-lead the PDK International Study Tour to Paris and Amsterdam in October 2014.
Dr. Rebecca Burns
Appointed to the
NAPDS Board of Directors
Micropolitical and Identity Challenges Influencing New Faculty Participation in Teacher Education Reform: When Will We Learn?
by Diane Yendol-Hoppey, David Hoppey, Aimee Morewood, Sharon B. Hayes & Meadow Sherrill Graham — 2013
The National Association for Professional Development Schools (NAPDS) held its annual conference February 14 - 17, 2013 in New Orleans. Congratulations Presenters
- Dr. Janet Richards (Literacy Studies) was a featured keynote speaker at the annual State of Maryland International Reading Association meeting held in Baltimore, Maryland on March 28, 2012. Her presentation was titled was "Strategy Lessons to Promote K-3 Students' Independent Writing".
- Dr. Janet Richards (Literacy Studies) article "Every Word Is True: Stories of Our Experiences in a Qualitative Research Course" is published as Article of the Week in The Qualitative Report, Volume 4(32).
- Dr. Jolyn Blank (Early Childhood) received the Early Career Achievement Award from the Early Childhood Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association.
- Doctoral student, Virginia Schreier's article, A Fresh Look at Science Informational Trade Books,has been published in the Florida Reading Journal, 48(1), page 14.
- Dr. Danielle Dennis (Elementary Education) and four teachers from Pizzo Elementary presented at the National Association of Professional Development Schools Conference. This was the first national conference presentation for the four classroom teachers.
- Lindsay Persohn had been selected as the new Public Relations Officer of the Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC)