When making revisions to state approved licensure programs or NCATE/CAEP reviewed programs that will require UPC/GPC approval, program faculty must first ensure that the proposed changes will not negatively impact any program with respect to: coverage of all state mandated uniform core curriculum requirements (see below) or NCATE/CAEP standards; appropriate course sequencing, and total program hours (undergraduate 120 hour rule).
Faculty should also attend to the potential impact on students in other programs, as there are a number of courses offered across disciplines and the college wide impact of course changes/eliminations needs to be considered.
To ensure that by changing/eliminating a course(s), all state or NCATE/CAEP or SACS requirements remain covered elsewhere in the program curriculum, faculty should consult with the Assessment Office to review and revise the appropriate curriculum matrices. The revised matrices will be submitted to the UPC/GPC with the course/program proposals as supporting documentation. (Assessment Office Signoff required)
When making program changes it is also important to consult with SAS to ensure all General Education requirements, state mandated prerequisites, subject matter prerequisites, and total credit hour requirements are met. (SAS Office Signoff required)
- The 2010 Florida Educator Accomplished Practices
- The state-adopted content standards
- Scientifically researched reading instruction
- Content literacy and mathematics practices
- Strategies appropriate for the instruction of English language learners
- Strategies appropriate for the instruction of students with disabilities
- School safety
- FL Principal Leadership Standards and FELE competencies (For Educational Leadership)