INTERESTED IN JOINING?
Students must apply. The SCATTER Application is separate from the USF College of Education Application, and applications may be submitted by email or turned into the SCATTER Office in room 201 of the David C. Anchin Center (DAC) in the College of Education.
Click Here for SCATTER Application PDF
WHEN'S THE BEST TIME TO BE INVOLVED IN THE SCATTER PROGRAM?
Ideally, you will join SCATTER as soon as you enter into the University of South Florida, either for undergraduate or graduate level. Because we offer enhancements to your education, the longer you're involved the greater experience you will receive.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN
1. Be accepted into the University of South Florida,
2. Have a 3.0 GPA, and
3. Complete a SCATTER Application form.
AFTER APPLYING YOU MUST
1. Attend a SCATTER orientation to learn the requirements and other
information to help you get the most from your SCATTER
2. Agree to and sign your SCATTER membership contract, and
3. Pay a $50.00 application processing fee (visit SCATTER Store).
Benefits of Being a SCATTER Member Include:
- Making a significant positive difference in the lives of students;
- Learning more about the education field than what is available through your regular coursework;
- Practicing and developing the necessary habits of mind to become and remain an exemplary teacher;
- Acquiring a professional network;
- Gaining learning opportunities through service;
- Benefitting from knowledgeable speakers;
- Meeting future colleagues;
- Including evidence of service and professionalism on resume;
- Enjoying the spacious Honors Suite to meet friends, study, use one of the computers, and/ or eat lunch (hot or cold) in comfortable surroundings; and
- Having fun!