ESOL Endorsement Requirements -
All Undergraduate and MAT Students in Elementary, Early Childhood, English, Foreign Language, and Special Education complete an Electronic ESOL Portfolio through Chalk & Wire and receive the ESOL Endorsement upon graduation.
- You submit the critical assignments from the courses in your program to C&W for your instructors to assess.
- At the end of each ESOL course, besides submitting the critical assignments, you also submit an electronic copy of the appropriate ESOL course checklist found on the Chalk and Wire Resources Page for your instructor to verify your completion of the corresponding ESOL Performance Standards. Your instructor will provide an electronic check off for all the assignments in the course, besides the critical assignments.
- Any questions please refer to the ESOL Office, EDU 266, (813) 974-6880.
- Technical help: If you have any technical questions you can contact the Chalk and Wire Help Desk. The home page with hours and contact information is:
In addition, the following programs now meet and assess state requirements for ESOL standards through C&W. Click on the link to your program to see the C&W requirements:
*ESOL - English For Speakers of Other Languages
ESOL Late Field Experience
- Print a copy of the ESOL Late Field Experience form.
- Ask your Cooperating teacher to initial the ESOL Performance Standards that were met.
- Ask your USF Internship Supervisor to sign the document
- Scan the document and upload to Chalk and Wire and submit to Dr. Phil Smith to verify.